Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Surveys - first 10 posts on the blog (List of surveys added after the morning this all started.)

A new survey was posted around noon - CST - on Feb 24, 2018.
If you read the other surveys early in the day - you might have missed it.
Every time I add a survey - I will note when it was posted - so you know if you missed any.

*****
Thank you to everyone who answered the surveys. Since I am a complete amateur at doing research, I will not tally the answers or draw any conclusions. As I expected, many people have fond memories of an early interest in the alphabet - going back to pre-school. Others were drawn in at a later date.  Everyone did a great job of telling personal stories that illustrate many different paths.

The one topic that jumped out at me as being a very common thread was the value of classes. As someone who teaches, I was happy to hear that people generally feel that classes are worthwhile.

After I had 10 posts, I decided it would be easier to start doubling up - and putting two responses in each post. They are in no particular order and the only survey that has the author identified is mine. If you would like to add your name - leave it in the comment. Or if you have additional thoughts, email them to me and I will add them to your survey.

Again, thanks to everyone who took time to respond. There are many comments that will be very useful to me in my classes. When teaching, it is helpful to quote other people rather than just spouting my own opinion all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Surveys - first 10 posts on the blog (List of surveys added after the morning this all started.)

A new survey was posted around noon - CST - on Feb 24, 2018. If you read the other surveys early in the day - you might have missed it. Ev...